Colour Accuracy Policy:
Although we do our best to make sure that the colours printed on our web site are accurate, actual colours will vary. In addition, subtle colour differences and textures may not be fully appreciated on some systems due to differences in monitors and/or display cards. Due to the fact that our products are all custom made, and can’t be returned, you need to be sure that you can live with any colour variations that are possible from our scanning of the actual samples. If an exact colour match is required, then please request a sample before placing your order. Once you receive your sample, keep in mind that all samples may still have minimal colour variations as stated by the manufacturers.
• This is a uniquely and proudly South African product as the slatting is manufactured and tested in South Africa and is a very good alternative to Modwood blinds if you are looking for an exclusive style or individual finish and trendy colours to enhance your house and décor.
• A very unique feature of this product is that the grain on either side of the slatting differs – this is not a defect in the slatting and please be sure to point this out to your client. The back of the blind (side facing the glass) will have quite a few knots which will not be randomised and may form a pattern.
• Vintage slats are manufactured from advanced Polystyrene Polymers (a substance which has a molecular structure built up mainly or entirely from a large number of similar units bonded together, eg. many synthetic organic materials used as plastics and resins) which are more rigid than normal PVC. This makes the Vintage slats resistant to cracking, peeling, scratching, extreme discolouration and excessive warping as these Polymers’ melting temperature and heat distribution are about 10°C higher than PVC, therefore stronger.
• The Vintage slats are totally water resistant, which makes them ideal for damp areas if there is ventilation for them to dry out as warping can occur otherwise. They are also resistant to mildew and have anti-fungal properties, which make them a very hygienic choice. These blinds are therefore ideal for bathrooms except inside a shower cubicle, kitchens and other moist areas. They are not suitable for exterior use.
• Vintage venetians are very easily cleaned by using a damp cloth (with mild water and soap solution) to wipe over the slats or by light dusting or vacuuming on a low speed.
• As with the Modwood, Vintage venetians are about 35% heavier than real wood and would therefore also have more ladders and cords. They are subsequently also not recommended as large blinds for areas or openings where they have to be lifted regularly.
• NB. Please note that the lift control and tilter control will be on opposite sides of the blind. Should the lift control be on the lefthand side, the tilter mechanism will be on the right and vice versa. The reason being that one needs more ladder on the Vintage than on the wood as well as on the Modwood and the first ladder station starts too close to the edge to fit in both control and tilter neatly.
• These blinds are NOT supplied with plugs and screws!
• Due to temperatures easily being double to that of natural heat between the window and the blind, the slatting manufacturer advises against using the Vintage in openings or areas exceeding 40°C. It is also recommended leaving the necessary windows a fraction open for enough ventilation.
• To assist with this ventilation, please note that on reveal measurements we will deduct 15mm off the width (instead of the normal 10mm) and the normal 5mm off the drop. Please then remember to deduct this 15mm off the width should you order final sizes.
• It is also not recommended to use these blinds in front of frosted or bubbled glass which receives direct sunlight.
• Vintage venetians are supplied with a steel 50mm headrail, together with colour coordinated cords and ladders. The blinds are complimented by matching valances and bottomrails made from foiled MDF wood and rounded off by wooden tassels. MDF (medium-density fibreboard) is an engineered wood product made by breaking down hardwood or softwood residuals into wood fibres.
• We supply clear valance clips to affix the valances to the headrail, but should you prefer velcro please specify this clearly on the order.
• Please order these blinds between the recommended sizes as listed in the pricelist, as these sizes have been recommended by the manufacturer of the slatting.
• These blinds must be transported and stored flat until they are installed in the window. Do not keep in a heated vehicle for too long! Heat in vehicles is tremendous. If these regulations are not adhered to, the blinds will most probably warp and twist before even having been installed. That is inevitable!
• Please remember that 50mm venetians blinds are manufactured for light control and not entire privacy due to the thickness of the slats.
• NB. The product has to be stored flat and in a cool place before installation – if placed in a skew position the slats will warp before installation!
• NB. Be aware that dyelot differences in slatting are possible, therefore try and order once off when requiring a number of blinds and indicate whether blinds are in one opening. We can never guarantee the same dyelot in different batches. We even find that there are colour variations in the same batch.
• Should it be evident that these products are treated with disrespect, resulting in damage, unusual/unnatural warping or discolouration, these will not be replaced. Before a complaint is lodged, make sure that you do a full investigation into the reason for the problem, eg windows being left open, too close to the sea, no regular cleaning, window or door frames not fitting snugly into walls, wet or damp areas around the building, thickness and type of glass used for the openings etc.