Colour Accuracy Policy:
Although we do our best to make sure that the colours printed on our web site are accurate, actual colours will vary. In addition, subtle colour differences and textures may not be fully appreciated on some systems due to differences in monitors and/or display cards. Due to the fact that our products are all custom made, and can’t be returned, you need to be sure that you can live with any colour variations that are possible from our scanning of the actual samples. If an exact colour match is required, then please request a sample before placing your order. Once you receive your sample, keep in mind that all samples may still have minimal colour variations as stated by the manufacturers.
• Roller blinds are functional and decorative irrespective of whether for the private or commercial sector. Light, sight or sun protection with roller blinds is always a good and professional solution and becoming ever more popular.
• Depending on the sunlight and the desired degree of shading or sight protection, you can choose from a wide range of roller blind fabrics. From absolutely dense textiles to fine almost transparent fabrics, a wide range is available. The sunblock ranges are White Light, Triglas, Solar block, Twill, Kanga, Urban Shade & Palm Beach – last mentioned two fabrics both with flock backing (total blockout). The Twill & Fairy rings have a polyester backing. The Bunting range is dense but a semi-sunblock.
• The days of the spring loaded mechanism are long gone. By means of a side control mechanism, either a PVC white or silver ball chain, the blind can easily be stopped at a desired position. Should you wish for a silver ball chain please indicate clearly on order whether you want a silver coated ball chain or stainless steel ball chain. For the stainless steel there is a small surcharge (see pricelist next to each drop). Should you order this separately or as stock this will be charged.
• The bottom of the blind is finished off with a round colour co-ordinated powder-coated aluminium lath or alternatively a flat C-track inside the fabric hem pocket as desired. Colour co-ordinated powder coated aluminium laths are available in WHITE, BEIGE, GREY, BROWN and BLACK only. All fabrics that cannot be matched to any of the before mentioned colours, will be finished off with a WHITE lath. We also match the operating controls, operating chain and chain weight to these colours. We do not add on lace. We can attach scollops (see p64) when requested but do not put cord, binding or lace along the bottom edges. Should you wish us to attach a scollop we can only use as the hem finish a C-track inside the hem as the scollop is attached to the hem.
• Our roller blind fabrics are not hemmed along the side edges as this encumbers the desired rolling action as they roll up too thickly on the sides compared to the middle of the blind.
• NB: The blind, especially narrow long blinds, must be guided up by hand to prevent the fabric from rolling up skew. If you do not guide the blind as it goes up, the fabric will touch the brackets and the edges of the fabric will fray. Please advise the client before accepting the order.
• NB: This product must be installed completely level. If not, the blind will roll up skew with one edge running into the bracket causing it to fray no matter which fabric type. If unsure whether the blind is level please make sure by using a spirit level as recesses may not always be as level as expected or as they seem with the naked eye.
• Blinds with long drops could bow (bulge) in the middle. This is natural and NOT a factory fault!
• The blockout blinds cannot block out light completely as a certain degree of light will filter through between wall and side of blind. A room would however be adequately darkened and sun will be blocked out.
• The Triglas (PVC) range can make a room somewhat hot if the glass areas covered are large and if the room gets little ventilation. They are extremely suitable though for high traffic areas where an easily cleanable and robust fabric is required. When washing off these blinds be careful not to scrub too hard as the outer layer will be damaged.
• Our roller blind fabric with a natural flock backing is very popular as this resembles curtaining fabric and serves as a sunblock. This fabric should not be washed or dry cleaned. Spot clean fabric with suitable detergent – a small sponge with a light detergent is ideal. Before cleaning the fabric, first test it on an inconspicuous part. All blinds with flock backing should be cleaned in the same way
• The Urban Shade, Twill & Fairy rings ranges should be dusted regularly and marks can be removed by sponging gently with mild detergent in lukewarm water. The composition of these fabrics is 100% polyester with an acrylic foamed backing (PVC free) for Urban Shade and polyester backing for Twill & Fairy rings ranges.
• The Screening (PVC); SheerWeave 2000; SheerWeave 4500 screening fabrics cut out glare entirely especially on TV and computer screens/monitors while still filtering through light as the fabrics comprise a 5% openness factor. These products are ideal for business complexes and large institutions.
• The Pseudoreed is a light-filtering product with an average density of 85%, comprising 100% polyester with a bamboo effect.
• NB. Be aware that dyelot differences in fabric are almost inevitable, therefore try and order once off when requiring a number of blinds and indicate whether blinds are in one opening. We can never guarantee the same dye lot in different batches. We even find that there are colour variations in the same batch.
• Should it be evident that these products are treated with disrespect, resulting in damage, unusual/unnatural warping or discolouration, these will not be replaced. Before a complaint is lodged, make sure that you do a full investigation into the reason for the problem, eg windows/doors being left open, too close to the sea, no regular cleaning, window or door frames not fitting snugly into walls, wet or damp areas around the building, thickness and type of glass used for the openings etc.