Colour Accuracy Policy:
Although we do our best to make sure that the colours printed on our web site are accurate, actual colours will vary. In addition, subtle colour differences and textures may not be fully appreciated on some systems due to differences in monitors and/or display cards. Due to the fact that our products are all custom made, and can’t be returned, you need to be sure that you can live with any colour variations that are possible from our scanning of the actual samples. If an exact colour match is required, then please request a sample before placing your order. Once you receive your sample, keep in mind that all samples may still have minimal colour variations as stated by the manufacturers.
• These vertical blind window treatments provide a practical and attractive solution for controlling light and providing insulation in any room. They reflect solar heat and reduce air conditioning costs by minimizing heat transfer passed through windows but not cutting out heat entirely.
• The standard width of these slats is 89mm (90mm in our terms). They are hung from the same track as the normal fabric vertical blinds. Holes are punched into the top of the slat into which the runners are hooked.
• These blinds are made up of a good combination of stiffness, impact strength and toughness although that does not mean that they can be manhandled or mistreated. They have to be treated with more care and responsibility than any other blind. This is an extremely upmarket blind and has to be handled with great care and caution. Much thought should be given to where these blinds would be suitable, eg guest houses where not only the owner handles them but all types of clients is not a good idea for these blinds. When hooking the slat onto or removing from the runner use extreme caution as the punched hole can break. Should the punch hole break as they become brittle, an easy solution is to glue a 90mm slatholder over the area where the hole is punched.
• As with any other blind they should be tilted regularly as blinds constantly closed in full sun over periods of time may certainly warp or bend. There have been hardly any complaints about warping and twisting and we have used them in our test box as well with no negative effect. I can however not vouch for blinds where ventilation is limited.
• As these blinds do not need bottom weights and chain they are child and pet friendly, meaning that should a child or pet accidentally walk into the blind there will be no chain to walk into which could cause injury by tripping or hooking onto the chain. At best the slat would break.
• For fire retardancy a test procedure was followed: Six specimens were prepared each measuring 220mm x 170mm, three with the longer dimension in the length and three with the longer dimension in the width to test the warp and weft direction. A butane flame was applied to the sample face for 15 seconds.
• According to our British Standard Flammability Test document received, conducted by Flame Retardancy Finishers & Consultants these blinds are non-flammable and I quote from the test results: “No part of any hole nor any part of the lowest boundary of any flame shall reach the upper edge or either vertical edge of any specimen and there shall be no separation of flaming debris from any specimen”. Take note though that the results may not apply to situations where there is a restricted air supply or prolonged exposure to large sources of heat such as in a conflagration (a very large and destructive fire).
The result of an international labtest conducted to analyse toxic elements in the PVC was as follows in diagram form:
|ELEMENT||RESULT (mg/kg)||LIMIT (mg/kg)|
|TOT. LEAD (Pb)||<1||600|
|SOL. LEAD (Pb)||<1||90|
|SOL. CADMIUM (Cd)||<1||75|
|SOL. ANTIMONY (Sb)||<1||60|
|SOL. CHROMIUM (Cr)||<1||60|
|SOL. BARIUM (Ba)||<1||1000|
|SOL. MERCURY (Hg)||<1||60|
|SOL. SELENIUM (Se)||<1||500|
|SOL. ARSENIC (As)||<1||25|
REMARKS: mg/kg = MILLIGRAM PER KILOGRAM BASED ON DRY WEIGHT OF SAMPLE
TOT. = TOTAL
SOL. = SOLUBLE
< = LESS THAN
• Be careful not to catch the vanes in windows or doors on closure or see to it that the wind doesn’t blow them out as they will most definitely break.
• Extremely large blinds, due to weight of slats, will most probably become problematic as very heavy. These blinds are between 35% and 45% heavier than normal vertical blinds so please decide on a maximum width and drop when quoting the client. Try and restrict the measurement to the pricelist sizes suggested. NO guarantee can be given should the sizes be outside of the recommended measurements.
• When cleaning these slats use a light detergent such as Handy Andy and a soft sponge or cloth. Wipe them lightly if you need to remove dirt marks or spots. In other instances vacuuming or dusting these vanes is sufficient.
• NB. Be aware that dyelot differences in fabric are almost inevitable, therefore try and order once off when requiring a number of blinds and indicate whether blinds are in one opening. We can never guarantee the same dyelot in different batches. We even find that there are colour variations in the same batch.
• Should it be evident that these products are treated with disrespect, resulting in damage, unusual/unnatural warping or discolouration, these will not be replaced. Before a complaint is lodged, make sure that you do a full investigation into the reason for the problem, eg windows being left open, too close to the sea, no regular cleaning, window or door frames not fitting snugly into walls, wet or damp areas around the building, thickness and type of glass used for the openings etc.